|Airdate:||November 18th 1994|
|Written by||Michael Reaves|
|Directed by|| Kazuo Terada |
|Key Characters:|| Goliath |
- This article is a stub. You can help the Grimorum by expanding it.
Deadly Force is the eighth episode of Gargoyles, and arguably its most controversial.
- Keith David as Goliath
- Ed Asner as Hudson
- Jeff Bennett as Brooklyn
- Thom Adcox-Hernandez as Lexington
- Bill Fagerbakke as Broadway
- Rocky Carroll as Derek Maza and Glasses
- Salli Richardson as Elisa Maza
- Nichelle Nichols as Diane Maza
- Frank Welker as Bronx
- Michael Bell as Pal Joey
- Richard Grieco as Tony Dracon
- Michael Horse as Peter Maza
- Robert Ito as Dr. Sato
Broadway accidentally shoots Elisa with her gun. Wrecked by regret, he takes her to the hospital and then goes off on his own to take his frustration out on any criminal he can find. When the others hear, they assume it was the work of a gangster Elisa was investigating, and set out to take him down - permanently.
- Tony Dracon, and his criminal organization is revealed.
- This is the first episode in which "ordinary" crime is the main focus of the episode.
- This is the third episode of a triptych featuring each member of the Trio.
- Though it was initially pulled from rotation due to the sensitive subject matter of gun safety which was the theme for this episode, it was later allowed to be re-aired, but with a censorship edit made by digitally removing Elisa's blood when she was shot.
- Broadway: What's this? A new kind of gun? A new way to kill people?
- [after Goliath has destroyed a cache of Xanatos's weapons]
- Owen Burnett: Mr. Xanatos isn't going to like this...
- Goliath: I'll be happy to discuss the matter with him.
- Owen Burnett: [as the sun's about to rise] I'm afraid I have some bad news for you.
- Goliath: What is it? Speak quickly!
- Owen Burnett: Your friend, Elisa Maza, has been shot. They're not sure if she'll live.
- [Goliath gasps, the sun rises and he turns to stone]
- Elisa Maza: Sooner or later you're gonna slip up Tony, and when you do, I'll be there.
- Tony Dracon: Hey, I told you... I'm not the guy. And if I *was* the guy, you couldn't do anything about it. In fact, if I were to tell one of my associates here to sell off some... merchandise to raise some operating capital, you couldn't do anything about that either. Face it, sugar... you got nothing.
- Hudson: Movies, television, video games... these days it's hard to tell what's real and what's not.
- Broadway: Sorry, my fault. I was playing with the gun. Stupid of me. Hope I didn't break anything... Elisa? [Finds Elisa lying on the floor bleeding from a gunshot wound]
- Goliath: Keep fighting Elisa. Don't give up. Come back to us. Know that I will finish what you started. I will find the man who did this to you and I will make him pay!