The Fortress is the name of two airships built by Cyberbiotics.
When Xanatos duped the gargoyles into believing that Cyberbiotics had stolen three computer disks from him, Goliath and Demona raided Fortress-1 to "recover" one of these disks. Afterwards, Demona, ostensibly to keep the security forces on board from pursuing her and Goliath, but actually in order to kill as many humans as possible, destroyed the airship. Many of the crew members escaped Fortress-1's destruction, including Vinnie, but its loss was a serious setback to Cyberbiotics and Halcyon Renard. ("Awakening", "Outfoxed")
Fortress-2 is the second airship developed by Cyberbiotics, as a replacement for Fortress-1, following the latter's destruction by Demona.
Renard used his personal fortune to help build it, and, believing that the destruction of Fortress-1 was partly due to human incompetence, decided to have it manned purely by Cyberbiotics robots (Cybots). He and Vogel went on board the maiden flight, however.
Fox decided to sabotage the maiden flight, hoping to wipe out her father and thereby secure Cyberbiotics for herself; she corrupted Vogel with a substantial bribe and had him insert a virus into the robots on board the airship, causing them to run amuck and sending Fortress-2 into a direct collision course with the Cyberbiotics Tower. Fortunately, Renard and Goliath managed to prevent the disaster, with some help from a repentant Vogel. ("Outfoxed")
Renard and Vogel later used Fortress-2 to battle Oberon during the latter's attempt to abduct the infant Alexander. They managed to avoid the effects of Oberon's sleep spell having entered into the city mid-battle and by employing an energy field around the ship's bridge. Oberon finally forced the airship down in an icestorm, although Renard and Vogel managed to land it safely in Central Park. ("The Gathering")
1. Awakening 2. Awakening, Part Two 3. Awakening, Part Three 4. Awakening, Part Four 5. Awakening, Part Five 6. The Thrill of the Hunt 7. Temptation 8. Deadly Force 9. Enter MacBeth 10. The Edge 11. Long Way to Morning 12. Her Brother's Keeper 13. Reawakening
1. Leader of the Pack 2. Metamorphosis 3. Legion 4. A Lighthouse in the Sea of Time 5. The Mirror 6. The Silver Falcon 7. Eye of the Beholder 8. Vows 9. City of Stone, Part One 10. City of Stone, Part Two 11. City of Stone, Part Three 12. City of Stone, Part Four 13. High Noon
14. Outfoxed 15. The Price 16. Revelations 17. Double Jeopardy 18. Upgrade 19. Protection 20. The Cage 21. Avalon, Part One 22. Avalon, Part Two 23. Avalon, Part Three 24. Shadows of the Past 25. Heritage 26. Monsters
27. Golem 28. Sanctuary 29. M.I.A. 30. Grief 31. Kingdom 32. The Hound of Ulster 33. Walkabout 34. Mark of the Panther 35. Pendragon 36. Eye of the Storm 37. The New Olympians 38. The Green 39. Sentinel
40. Bushido 41. Cloud Fathers 42. Ill Met By Moonlight 43. Future Tense 44. The Gathering, Part One 45. The Gathering, Part Two 46. Vendettas 47. Turf 48. The Reckoning 49. Possession 50. Hunter's Moon, Part One 51. Hunter's Moon, Part Two 52. Hunter's Moon, Part Three
1. The Journey 2. Ransom 3. Runaways 4. Broadway Goes Hollywood 5. A Bronx Tail 6. The Dying Of The Light 7. And Justice For All 8. Genesis Undone 9. Generations 10. ...For It May Come True 11. To Serve Mankind 12. Seeing Isn't Believing 13. Angels In The Night
SLG comic books
Gargoyles #1. Clan Building Chapter One: Nightwatch Gargoyles #2. Clan Building Chapter Two: The Journey Gargoyles #3. Clan Building Chapter Three: Invitation Only Gargoyles #4. Clan Building Chapter Four: Masque Gargoyles #5. Clan Building Chapter Five: Bash Gargoyles #6. Clan Building Chapter Six: Reunion Gargoyles #7. Clan Building Chapter Seven: The Rock Gargoyles #8. Clan Building Chapter Eight: Rock & Roll Gargoyles #9. Clan Building Chapter Nine: Rock of Ages Gargoyles #10. Clan Building Chapter Ten: The Gate Gargoyles #11. Clan Building Chapter Eleven: Tyrants Gargoyles #12. Clan Building Chapter Twelve: Phoenix
Bad Guys #1. Strangers Bad Guys #2. The Lost Bad Guys #3. Estranged Bad Guys #4. Louse Bad Guys #5. Strangled Bad Guys #6. Losers