When Taurus was young, his father was murdered by a sadistic shapeshifter named Proteus. For his crimes, Proteus was sentenced to prison, Taurus among the security force charged with his keeping. Taurus was often tortured by Proteus, who would shapeshift into his father to mock him.
When the Avalon travelers came to New Olympus, Taurus spoke out against Elisa Maza, believing humans could not be trusted because of what they did to his ancestor, the Minotaur. After Boreas ruled that Elisa could never leave New Olympus, several New Olympian citizens tried to lynch her. Despite his hatred for humans Taurus broke up the mob but then arrested Elisa because regardless of who started the near riot, she was the cause. When Taurus took Elisa to a holding cell, they walked past Proteus pretending to be Taurus's father. Elisa attempted to bond with Taurus by telling him that she too owed her career in law enforcement to following in her father's footsteps, but Taurus adamantly refused to listen. When a mob formed to attack Elisa outside her cell, Taurus's hatred for humanity was once again overpowered by his sense of duty and professionalism, Taurus ordered the crowd to disperse and even threatened to fire Helios. After Proteus and Elisa escaped, Elisa's decision to stay and thwart Proteus's plan to destroy New Olympus instead of escaping the island herself, convinced Taurus that not all humans are evil.
Taurus is a descendant of the Minotaur of Greek Myth. He claims his ancestor was unjustly imprisoned.
Taurus is one of several characters played by a Star Trek cast member. In this case, Michael Dorn, who portrayed Worf.
Michael Dorn guest-starred as his character's ancestor the Minotaur on the Disney TV series Hercules episode Hercules and the Minotaur.
1. Awakening 2. Awakening, Part Two 3. Awakening, Part Three 4. Awakening, Part Four 5. Awakening, Part Five 6. The Thrill of the Hunt 7. Temptation 8. Deadly Force 9. Enter MacBeth 10. The Edge 11. Long Way to Morning 12. Her Brother's Keeper 13. Reawakening
1. Leader of the Pack 2. Metamorphosis 3. Legion 4. A Lighthouse in the Sea of Time 5. The Mirror 6. The Silver Falcon 7. Eye of the Beholder 8. Vows 9. City of Stone, Part One 10. City of Stone, Part Two 11. City of Stone, Part Three 12. City of Stone, Part Four 13. High Noon
14. Outfoxed 15. The Price 16. Revelations 17. Double Jeopardy 18. Upgrade 19. Protection 20. The Cage 21. Avalon, Part One 22. Avalon, Part Two 23. Avalon, Part Three 24. Shadows of the Past 25. Heritage 26. Monsters
27. Golem 28. Sanctuary 29. M.I.A. 30. Grief 31. Kingdom 32. The Hound of Ulster 33. Walkabout 34. Mark of the Panther 35. Pendragon 36. Eye of the Storm 37. The New Olympians 38. The Green 39. Sentinel
40. Bushido 41. Cloud Fathers 42. Ill Met By Moonlight 43. Future Tense 44. The Gathering, Part One 45. The Gathering, Part Two 46. Vendettas 47. Turf 48. The Reckoning 49. Possession 50. Hunter's Moon, Part One 51. Hunter's Moon, Part Two 52. Hunter's Moon, Part Three
1. The Journey 2. Ransom 3. Runaways 4. Broadway Goes Hollywood 5. A Bronx Tail 6. The Dying Of The Light 7. And Justice For All 8. Genesis Undone 9. Generations 10. ...For It May Come True 11. To Serve Mankind 12. Seeing Isn't Believing 13. Angels In The Night
SLG comic books
Gargoyles #1. Clan Building Chapter One: Nightwatch Gargoyles #2. Clan Building Chapter Two: The Journey Gargoyles #3. Clan Building Chapter Three: Invitation Only Gargoyles #4. Clan Building Chapter Four: Masque Gargoyles #5. Clan Building Chapter Five: Bash Gargoyles #6. Clan Building Chapter Six: Reunion Gargoyles #7. Clan Building Chapter Seven: The Rock Gargoyles #8. Clan Building Chapter Eight: Rock & Roll Gargoyles #9. Clan Building Chapter Nine: Rock of Ages Gargoyles #10. Clan Building Chapter Ten: The Gate Gargoyles #11. Clan Building Chapter Eleven: Tyrants Gargoyles #12. Clan Building Chapter Twelve: Phoenix
Bad Guys #1. Strangers Bad Guys #2. The Lost Bad Guys #3. Estranged Bad Guys #4. Louse Bad Guys #5. Strangled Bad Guys #6. Losers